Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Excerpt from My Christmas Dream




Aubrey popped into the bookstore while I was hanging wreaths in the windows. 
“What do you think?” I asked her. 
“I have some ideas,” she answered and shortly after that, headed back out the door to do some shopping.

I rarely went out at lunchtime, but I needed to get some things for Thanksgiving dinner. “You’re in charge,” I told Sylvester, who looked up at me from his bed of books, yawned and went back to sleep.

By the time I got back to the bookstore, I was tired and frustrated and it wasn’t until I walked inside and turned around to flip the Closed sign to Open that I realized the windows had been decorated in my absence.
Aubrey had flocked the windows with a spray can of “snow.” And then each window had a display with a stuffed animal, “reading” a book. Looking around the rest of the room, I saw that on top of the Children’s Corner bookcase, the bear with glasses had been joined by a mama bear and three little bears while “papa” bear read The Night Before Christmas to them.
There was even a display made of red and green books stacked so each level had less books and the top level was only one book, a book Christmas tree.
The decorations were awesome.  I had to tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment